Children encounter more and more challenges in our fast-paced and ever-evolving world, which can affect their emotional well-being and holistic growth. Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) as an integral part of education could help pupils to conquer those challenges by equipping them essential skills such as: self-awareness, self-discipline, empathy, and effective communication to make responsible decisions. At school, SEL is integrated in curriculum to help pupils:
- Improved Academic Performance with skills such as self-regulation, focus, and perseverance, which are essential for academic success. By developing these skills, pupils can better manage their emotions, set goals, and concentrate on their studies.
- Enhanced Social Skills such as effective communication, empathy, and cooperation. These skills enable pupils to build positive relationships with peers, teachers, and other school staff, creating a supportive and inclusive school environment.
- Increased Emotional Intelligence by promoting self-awareness, self-management, and empathy. This enables pupils to recognize and understand their own emotions and the emotions of others.
- Greater Resilience and Stress Management: SEL equips pupils with coping mechanisms and resilience-building skills to navigate challenges and setbacks effectively, developing a positive mindset, adaptability, and problem-solving abilities, enabling them to cope with stress, pressure.
- Positive Behavior: SEL emphasizes responsible decision-making and understanding consequences. thereby fostering positive behaviors and promoting respect for themselves and for others.
SEL is not only beneficial during the school years but also has long-term implications for a child’s success in various aspects, including career, relationships, and overall mental health. Hence, SEL is an indispensable component in the curriculum and pedagogy of BCVN.
We cordially invite you to join the Conference: Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) for 21st century citizens.
During this conference, Mr Matthew Bartlett – our Founding Head Master will share the insights on:
- The benefits of SEL: How SEL allows pupils to thrive in and out of school
- Practical strategies at BCVN: How SEL is embedded within the curriculum and 3 core values of BCVN
- Why AI can be linked to SEL in ensuring pupils become more effective citizens.
The conference is specially designed for parents, aiming to help you understand the significance of Social and Emotional Learning and its positive influence on your child.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity! Register now to secure your spot.